Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 19th globally and placed among the world’s best young universities. NTU has a vibrant research ecosystem with a high proportion of early career researchers. It has a healthy environment for interdisciplinary research collaboration and the research is well-funded.
NTU invites outstanding early-career researchers to apply for appointment as a NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow. The PPF aims to provide the opportunity for outstanding early career researchers from Singapore and around the world, to conduct independent investigations in any discipline at NTU. This Fellowship provides research funding over two years. There are personal development opportunities coupled with mentorship in an established research group. These conditions will empower the Fellows to strive for research excellence and impact and enable them to meet their ambitions as global research leaders.
1. PPF BENEFITS
The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides:
- A two-year tenure with a salary of SGD 80,000 per year.
- A research grant of up to SGD 100,000 per year.
- A housing grant of SGD 18,000 per year with eligibility for subsidized apartment accommodation (subject to availability).
- Relocation expenses of up to SGD 4,000 (if eligible).
- Mentorship and support in an established research group.
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
2. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Within 5 years of obtaining PhD or equivalent degree.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- Submit a thoughtful and realistic research proposal
- Be available to take up the position no later than 31 Dec 2023.
3. HOW TO APPLY
The application is open from 10 February 2023 to 30 April 2023 (Singapore Time, UTC+8).
Applications must be submitted in electronic format via NTU Online Application Portal.
The following supporting documents have to be attached to the online application form:
- Cover Letter
- Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
- Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (PhD’s degree)
- Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages, template for download)
- Contact information of two referees (one must be a PhD Supervisor)
- Top 3 publications (in PDF) and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)
Interested applicants are advised to have them ready before applying online. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information on the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023, please click here.
Queries about the application can be directed to email@example.com.