- Must be enrolled in at least second semester at home university program (=have completed at least one semester at the application stage)
- *We cannot accept graduate students who are enrolled in the first semester of the Master’s program at their application stage
- Must be from non-partner universities of SNU
- * Students from universities that have student exchange agreement with SNU can participate in exchange program only
- Have a GPA 3.0 or above / 4.0
- Language proficiency of either English or Korean is highly recommended, but no certification is required.
|ENGLISH||TOEFL||IBT 88 OR ABOVE|
|IELTS||6.0 OR ABOVE|
|KOREAN||KLAT||LEVEL 5 OR ABOVE|
|TOPIK||LEVEL 5 OR ABOVE|
- THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is restricted to students who are currently majoring in business or economics at their home university.
- Applicants who apply for the KOREAN HISTORY/ PSYCHOLOGY/ STATISTICS/ PHARMACY department must provide proof of Korean language ability. A satisfactory level of Korean language ability should be either (1) Level 5 or above of official Korean Language Proficiency Test or (2) Level 5 or above of the Korean Test conducted at the SNU Language Institute.
- THE COLLEGE OF LAW is NOT open to undergraduate level students from Spring 2018.
- * School of Law, a specialized law school for graduate level students, will be open to undergraduate level students from Fall 2018. Please note that these undergraduate students will be enrolled as graduate (Master’s) students in SNU law school during their study.
- Applicants who want to study in the discipline of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Nursing, Music, and MBA must, in advance, be advised of the eligibility by SNU coordinators.
- SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY is open ONLY to graduate students currently enrolled in a master program at School of Dentistry or equivalent at their home university.
- VOCAL MUSIC MAJOR is restricted to students who are currently studying vocal music at their home university.
- MBA PROGRAM is restricted to current full-time MBA candidates in our respective partner schools. For further information about MBA courses, please visit SNU GSB website at gsb.snu.ac.kr or contact MBA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
|SPRING SEMESTER||September 20||October||Novenber||Late November|
|FALL SEMESTER||March 20||April||May||Late May|
- * Application schedule will be posted from the middle of January to March 20 (for Fall admission) and from the middle of July to September 20 (for Spring admission) on the homepage of the OIA website.
- IMPORTANT NOTES :Visiting program candidates must complete Both Online Application and Postal Submission of the documents.
- All documents should be submitted and posted in ORIGINAL or verified as an official copy, and should be in Korean or in English. If your documents are not in Korean or in English, please have your document translated in Korean or in English and have confirmed and sealed by an authorized body.
- APPLICATION DOCUMENTS ARE NON-RETURNABLE ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED TO THE OIA.
- Please be aware that we will be unable to continue processing your application if you do not submit ALL the required application documents.
|LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE POSTED||Notes|
|B||A Certificate of Enrollment from the current university you are attending|
|C||Official University Transcript|
|D||A Letter of Recommendation from a professor at the current university (SNU template available)
(Please use the SNU’s template.)
|- SNU template availableDownload document|
|E||A Statement of Purpose (a free essay in English or Korean)|
|F||A Copy of Applicant's Passport
(Personal Information Page)
|The passport must be valid during the prospective stay in Korea|
|G||Photographs of works/recording of performances||Fine Arts, Music, and Physical Education applicants only|
|H||Non-Korean citizenship holders only: Financial Certificate (SNU Template Available)||- SNU template availableDownload document|
|I||Financial Sponsor’s Bank Certificate or Certificate of Scholarship
- Financial Sponsor’s Bank Certificate must prove that the sponsor has or will have more than 10,000 USD in the bank account for more than one month including the application date (counting backward and forward).
|Non-Korean citizenship holders only|
|J||Application Fee Payment of 82,000 KRW
Bank Information for Wire Transfer (Visiting Student Application Fee)
- Bank Name: National Agricultural Cooperation Federation
- Swift Code: NACFKRSE
- Account No.: 301-0111-5987-41
- Account Holder: Office of International Affairs or 서울대학교국제협력본부
- For more detailed information, please see the FAQ menu (http://oia.snu.ac.kr/page/visiting_program_faq.php) or contact Ms. Joo Hyun PARK (email@example.com).
February 14, 2019