- Must be enrolled in at least second semester at home university program (=have completed at least one semester at the application stage)
- * We cannot accept graduate students who are enrolled in the first semester of the Master’s program after finishing the Bachelor’s program.
- Have a GPA 3.0 or above / 4.0
- * To apply for the College of Business Administration, GPA more than 83 out of total score 100 is required. If the score, more than 83, is not written in the official transcript clearly, applicants’ home universities should submit a letter to us to prove the equivalent.
- Language proficiency of either English or Korean is highly recommended, but not compulsory
|ENGLISH||TOEFL||IBT 88 OR ABOVE|
|IELTS||6.0 OR ABOVE|
|KOREAN||KLAT||LEVEL 5 OR ABOVE|
|TOPIK||LEVEL 5 OR ABOVE|
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is restricted to students who are currently majoring in business or economics at their home university.
- Applicants who apply for the KOREAN HISTORY/ PSYCHOLOGY/ STATISTICS MAJOR must provide proof of Korean language ability. A satisfactory level of Korean language ability should be either (1) Level 5 or above of official Korean Language Proficiency Test or (2) Level 5 or above of the Korean Test conducted at the SNU Language Institute.
- COLLEGE OF LAW is NOT open to undergraduate level students from Spring 2018.
Applicants who want to study in the discipline of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Nursing, Music, and MBA must, in advance, be advised of the eligibility by SNU coordinators.
- * School of Law, a specialized law school for graduate level students, will be open to undergraduate level students from Fall 2018. Please note that these undergraduate students will be enrolled as graduate (Master’s) students in SNU law school during their study.
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE is no longer available to exchange students.
- COLLEGE OF DENTISTRY is open ONLY to masters level students currently enrolled in a master program at School of Dentistry or equivalent at their home university. The student exchange program is NOT available at the undergraduate level for the College of Dentistry.
- VOCAL MUSIC MAJOR is restricted to students who are currently studying vocal music at their home university.
- MBA PROGRAM is restricted to current full-time MBA candidates in our respective partner schools. For further information about MBA courses, please visit SNU GSB website at gsb.snu.ac.kr or contact MBA Office at email@example.com
|SPRING SEMESTER||Sep 20||Sep-Nov||Late Oct||Nov|
|FALL SEMESTER||March 20||March-April||Late April||May|
IMPORTANT NOTES :Exchange program candidates can complete the application by online submission. However, visiting program candidates must complete Both Online Application and Postal Submission of the documents.
All documents should be submitted and posted in ORIGINAL or verified as an official copy, and should be in Korean or in English. If your documents are not in Korean or in English, please have your document translated in Korean or in English and have confirmed and sealed by an authorized body.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS ARE NON-RETURNABLE ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED TO THE OIA.
Please be aware that we will be unable to continue processing your application if you do not submit ALL the required application documents.
|LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE POSTED||Notes|
|A||On-line Application Form (printable after completing online application) :
*In order to start the on-line application, exchange candidates must be officially nominated by their home institution by e-mail. The nominated students will receive detailed information on how to log in and apply online by the designated SNU coordinator.
|Exchange program candidates should attach the documents below to the application system.|
|B||A Certificate of Enrollment from the current university you are attending|
|C||Official University Transcript||Download document|
|D||Letter of Recommendation from a professor at the current university||- SNU template available
- Exchange program candidates should submit the sealed letter to their exchange coordinator.
|E||A Statement of Purpose (a free essay in English or Korean)|
|F||A Copy of Applicant's Passport
(Personal Information Page)
|G||Only for Fine Arts, Music, and Physical Education applicants:
Photographs of works/recording of performances
The OIA receives applications and reviews that all application requirements have been met. The application packet is then forwarded to the screening committee of each college for assessment. When the acceptance is confirmed, the OIA notifies the result via email.
The OIA is not responsible for the selection process and its results since the decision is made by each college.
The acceptance package will include Certificate of Admission (not to Korean national), Letter of Acceptance, and other necessary information.
- General information on student exchange program : http://oia.snu.ac.kr/page/exchange_program.php
- Contact persons for university-wide agreements :
- The list of the university-wide partners can be found at http://oia.snu.ac.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=op_partner_univ
- Contact persons for faculty or department-level agreements : Please contact the designated coordinator of each SNU faculty/department.