- Must be enrolled in at least second semester at home university program (=have completed at least one semester at the application stage)
- * We cannot accept graduate students who are enrolled in the first semester of the Master’s program after finishing the Bachelor’s program.
- Have a GPA 3.0 or above / 4.0
- Language proficiency of either English or Korean is highly recommended, but no certification is required
|ENGLISH||TOEFL||IBT 88 OR ABOVE|
|IELTS||6.0 OR ABOVE|
|KOREAN||KLAT||LEVEL 5 OR ABOVE|
|TOPIK||LEVEL 5 OR ABOVE|
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is restricted to students who are currently majoring in business or economics at their home university.
- * Considering the current lack of course capacity for exchange students, CBA has decided that from Fall 2019’s admission, they will strictly control the number of accepted exchange students to CBA to provide quality education and better administrative support. In this regard, it is more likely than the past that students who apply for CBA might get rejected during the screening procedure.
- Applicants who apply for the KOREAN HISTORY/ PSYCHOLOGY/ STATISTICS/ PHARMACY department must provide proof of Korean language ability. A satisfactory level of Korean language ability should be either (1) Level 5 or above of official Korean Language Proficiency Test or (2) Level 5 or above of the Korean Test conducted at the SNU Language Institute.
- COLLEGE OF LAW is NOT open to undergraduate level students from Spring 2018.
Applicants who want to study in the discipline of Pharmacy, Dentistry, Nursing, Music, and MBA must, in advance, be advised of the eligibility by SNU coordinators.
- * School of Law, a specialized law school for graduate level students, will be open to undergraduate level students from Fall 2018. Please note that these undergraduate students will be enrolled as graduate (Master’s) students in SNU law school during their study.
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE is no longer available to exchange students.
- SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY is open ONLY to graduate students currently enrolled in a master program at School of Dentistry or equivalent at their home university. The student exchange program is NOT available at the undergraduate level.
- VOCAL MUSIC MAJOR is restricted to students who are currently studying vocal music at their home university.
- MBA PROGRAM is restricted to current full-time MBA candidates in our respective partner schools. For further information about MBA courses, please visit SNU GSB website at gsb.snu.ac.kr or contact MBA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
|SPRING SEMESTER||September 20||October||November||Late November|
|FALL SEMESTER||March 20||April||May||Late May|
IMPORTANT NOTES :Exchange program candidates can complete the application by online submission.
All documents should be submitted and posted in ORIGINAL or verified as an official copy, and should be in Korean or in English. If your documents are not in Korean or in English, please have your document translated in Korean or in English and have confirmed and sealed by an authorized body.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS ARE NON-RETURNABLE ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED TO THE OIA.
Please be aware that we will be unable to continue processing your application if you do not submit ALL the required application documents.
|LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE POSTED||Notes|
|A||On-line Application Form (printable after completing online application) :
*In order to start the on-line application, exchange candidates must be officially nominated by their home institution by e-mail. The nominated students will receive detailed information on how to log in and apply online by the designated SNU coordinator.
|Exchange program candidates should upload the scanned copies of the documents below to the application system.|
|B||A Certificate of Enrollment of Home University|
|C||Official University Transcript|
|D||Letter of Recommendation from a professor at the current university||- SNU template available
- Exchange program candidates should submit the sealed letter to their exchange coordinator.
|E||A Statement of Purpose (a free essay in English or Korean)|
|F||A Copy of Applicant's Passport
(Personal Information Page)
|The passport must be valid during the prospective stay in Korea|
|G||Photographs of works/recording of performances||Fine Arts, Music, and Physical Education applicants only|
The OIA receives applications and reviews that all application requirements have been met. The application packet is then forwarded to the screening committee of each college for assessment. Not every candidate nominated will be successful; some may fail to be accepted if the requirements do not meet the committee’s expectation. When the acceptance is confirmed, the OIA notifies the result via email.
The OIA is not responsible for the selection process and its results since the decision is made by each college.
The acceptance package will include Certificate of Admission (not to Korean national), Letter of Acceptance, and other necessary information.
- Contact persons for university-wide agreements :
- The list of the university-wide partners can be found at http://oia.snu.ac.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=op_partner_univ
- Contact persons for faculty or department-level agreements : Please contact the designated coordinator of each SNU faculty/department.
January 14, 2019