On Campus

Welcome to the SNU Office of International Affairs (OIA) website!
The OIA provides services to international scholars and students at SNU,


If you are planning to study or work in Korea, you must apply for a relevant visa at an overseas Korean embassy or consulate. In order to obtain a visa you must submit the required documents to the embassy. The application procedure may vary according to the embassy or consulate, so it is advised that check with your local Korean embassy or consulate beforehand. The length of the visa is determined by the Korean consular officer, and the expiration date on your visa may not match the end date of your degree program or employment contract. If your visa expires before you complete your tasks, you will need to apply for a visa extension at the Korean Immigration Office.

  1. Check your student ID number
  2. Register your ID to SNU Portal MySNU is your electronic key to gaining access to the university online services
  3. Apply for on-campus dormitory Refer to New International Student Reference Guide for application period
  4. Make a tuition payment Print out an invoice and receipt
  5. Wait to receive Certificate of Admission by postal mail note
  6. Apply for Student Visa (D-2) Required documents include passport, application for visa issuance, Certificate of Admission, receipt of tuition fee payment, Certificate of highest educational qualification, residence, and financial ability
  7. Take Korean Proficiency Test Only for degree seeking students requested to take the test
  8. Register for courses
  9. Enroll in a traveler’s insurance plan and submit a copy through email (exchange students only)
  10. Carefully read the dormitory information, date & time of the orientation and the first class

Optional, only for exchange students

  1. Join SNU Buddy Program (apply through email)
  2. Enroll in Korean Language Program

The Certificate of Admission will be sent by International Education Team.