On Campus

Welcome to the SNU Office of International Affairs (OIA) website!
The OIA provides services to international scholars and students at SNU,

Health Insurance

All international students are required to have a health insurance plan. Students MUST have one of the following three options: Study-abroad Insurance from home country, Korean National Health Insurance Service, or Private Insurance in Korea.

National Health Insurance Service (NHIS)

  • Foreign nationals can also apply to become a member.
  • Required Documents: Passport, Alien Registration Card, Certificate of Enrollment (D-2 Visa holders)
  • Submission in person is REQUIRED.
    • Contact: National Health Insurance Corporation
    • The nearest one from SNU is Gwanak Branch Office. (9F, 1485, Nambusunhwan-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul)
    • Tel: 1577-1000 (Korean) / 1577-1000 (press "8") or 033-811-2000 (English)
    • Web: http://www.nhic.or.kr

      Billing is retroactive to the date you registered your residence in Korea.


Private Insurance in Korea