Study at SNU
- Study at SNU
- Exchange Program
Funded by National Institute for International Education (NIIED) under the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology, GKS(Global Korea Scholarship) Program For Foreign Exchange Students provides financial aids for incoming exchange students from developing nations.
- To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- AFull-time students of SNU Student Exchange Partner Universities
- BCompleted 1 year of studies at home university
- CGood academic performance
- DProficiency in verbal and written English and/or Korean
- EMentally prepared to live in another culture, in local conditions
- As an exchange student, the recipient will be exempt from paying SNU tuition fee.
- AA round-trip airfare
- BMonthly Stipend
- CHealth Insurance Fee
- D200,000KRW to assist with settlement expenses
For each semester, SNU will inform some partner universities of the number of applicants they may nominate for GKS. Partner universities will notify the students of this opportunity, select and nominate assigned number of applicants. Partner universities send application documents to SNU, along with a formal nomination letter for the GKS scholarship. SNU does not accept any application sent by individual students. Only Among nominated applicants, SNU will select successful candidates.
nominated applicants, SNU will select successful candidates.