- About OIA
The Office of International Affairs (OIA) oversees developing, promoting, and assisting the international programs and strategic initiatives at Seoul National University. In pursuit of our mission, the OIA identifies, develops, and maintains inter-university partnerships, academic exchange agreements, and international curricula. In addition, the OIA provides administrative support for the university's international students, promotes cross-cultural events between domestic and international students on campus, and conducts protocol activities for visiting officials. As the main hub of all international affairs, the OIA seeks to promote global educational environment at SNU.
- Planning & organizing international conferences
- Organizing overseas business trips
- International visitor protocol affairs
- Planning and coordinating international Exchange/Visiting program
- including administrative support for scholarships for exchange students and running the SNU Buddy Program
- Making partnership agreements
- Arranging activities for exchange students
- Participating in international conferences & events
- Providing administrative services for Korean Government Scholarship
- Assisting registration for summer/winter session
- Providing information for international faculties, students and their families
- Pre-arrival / Settling-in Information
- Visa related counseling
- Guide to school administrative affairs
- Organizing events for international faculties and students
- OIA website management
- Weekly e-newsletter publication for international members
- Publishing campus guide books for international students and faculty
- Management of immigration affairs on the International Student Information Student System
- Issuance of certification of admission for freshmen
- Official document management
- Human resource management
- Planning and controlling of budget
- Execution and settlement of revenue and expenditure
- Management of public property
- International Summer Institute (ISI)
- SNU study abroad scholaships for local students
- Scholarships for international students
- Statistics on international students
- Management of international housing
We also have overseas offices in Los Angeles, USA and in Peking, China.
The OIA understands the various challenges our international students may face during the course of their studies at Seoul National University. In this connection, we would be more than delighted to advise and assist you on various issues such as, adapting to your new life in Seoul, and getting the best out of your academic experience at SNU.
SNU has opened its overseas offices in America and China and will gradually increase overseas offices in other countries, making SNU easily reached by global citizens.
SNU in China was opened in Beijing in 2012 as the second overseas office, with the purpose of promoting SNU in mainland China and surrounding countries. SNU China is also concentrating its goal to strengthen networking with global corporations and partner universities across the region while supporting our alumni network.
- 4th floor Tower4 ZHONGGUAN GLOBAL VILLAGE No.126, Zhongguancun North Street Haidian District, Beijing 100871 People’s Republic of China (中国海淀区中关村北大街126号北京大学中关新园4号楼4层 100871)
- +86-10-6276-0712 / +86-18611821863
Located in Los Angeles, USA, SNU in America was opened in May 2009, making it the first overseas SNU office. Its missions are to facilitate information exchange with top US universities, to hold events to introduce SNU and study abroad programs to American students, to facilitate the research activities of SNU researchers in America, to support the activities of SNU alumni associations and to facilitate exchanges with Central & Latin American universities.
- 3699 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 730 Los Angeles, CA 90010-2718 U.S.A.
Located in Tokyo, Japan, SNU in Tokyo was opened in June 2014, making it the first the third overseas SNU office. Its missions are to facilitate information exchange with top US universities, to hold events to introduce SNU and to study abroad programs to students from University of Tokyo, to facilitate the research activities of SNU researchers in America, to support the activities of SNU alumni associations and to facilitate exchange programs. At the same time a staff from the University of Tokyo resides in Tokyo branch office at Seoul National University.
- SNU Office, University of Tokyo Room 804, Interfaculty Initiative in Information Studies Bld.,The University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyoku, Tokyo 113-0033, JAPAN